ROBBERSON, TEXAS. Robberson was located on an unmarked private road just west of Farm Road 755 twenty miles northeast of Rio Grande City in northeastern Starr County. It was a dry-land farm community, and the post office was named for the local landowner-promoter. The settlement served as a post office for Santa Catarina, a mile east, from 1909 to 1918. In 1914 the town received its mail weekly. The 1948 highway maps located several scattered dwellings and one business in Robberson. The site was still identified on 1991 highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Dick D. Heller, Jr., "ROBBERSON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr27), accessed August 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.