ROSELAWN, TEXAS. Roselawn was at the site where the Missouri, Kansas and Texas line crossed Joe's Creek, six miles west of University Park in northwestern Dallas County. It was named for the nurseries in the area. The region was settled by members of the Peters colony in the early 1850s, but no established community was reported there until 1930, when three stores had been established and the population was sixty. Mail was received from Farmers Branch. Roselawn was listed in the Texas Almanac for the last time in 1947.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "ROSELAWN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr42), accessed November 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles