ROCKY HOLLOW, TX
ROCKY HOLLOW, TEXAS. Rocky Hollow was on Cowan Creek and Farm Road 2338 ten miles northwest of Georgetown in northwest Williamson County. By 1880 it was the site of a black school called Rocky Hollow and a white school called Yarbrough, and at different times the community had a small store and stagecoach stop, a church, and a cemetery. The black school, which had twenty pupils in 1900, also served as a church. By 1977 only the cemetery remained.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "ROCKY HOLLOW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr57), accessed March 09, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.