ROCKY POINT, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
ROCKY POINT, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Rocky Point, on Farm Road 47 sixteen miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County, had a Grange by 1874 and appeared on 1936 state highway maps as the site of a school, a church, a single business establishment, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings. Local schools were consolidated with the Wills Point Independent School District by the 1950s. By 1987 Rocky Point Cemetery and a business survived.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "ROCKY POINT, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr78), accessed July 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.