RETRIEVE, TEXAS. Retrieve was a flag stop and lumbering community on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad midway between Huntington and Zavalla in eastern Angelina County. Around 1900 a sawmill was built at the site, which at its height had a daily capacity of 15,000 board feet and employed some thirty men. A post office operated from 1906 until 1913 and briefly in 1922. After the mill ceased operation in the early 1920s the site was abandoned, and by the 1930s Retrieve was a ghost town.
Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "RETRIEVE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrab), accessed October 13, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.