RUDD, TEXAS. Rudd was twenty-six miles northeast of Eldorado in northeastern Schleicher County. A post office was established there in 1898, and the community received its mail twice weekly from Christoval in neighboring Tom Green County; the office was discontinued in 1920. Cattle raising was the primary occupation of area residents. Rudd was closely associated with nearby Adams, and children from the two communities often attended the same school. No evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps by the 1940s.
Schleicher County Historical Society, A History of Schleicher County (San Angelo: Anchor, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "RUDD, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrem), accessed August 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.