RUSH CREEK, TX
RUSH CREEK, TEXAS. Rush Creek was a farming community on Rush Creek fourteen miles southeast of Corsicana and two miles south of Kerens in southeastern Navarro County. It was established in the 1850s, and a post office operated there from 1858 to 1871. At its height just after the Civil War, Rush Creek consisted of a store, a gin, and a number of houses. It began to decline in the early 1870s, apparently because of the growth of nearby Wadeville, and by the mid-1870s Rush Creek had been abandoned.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "RUSH CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrle), accessed August 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.