STRINGTOWN, TX (BELL COUNTY)
STRINGTOWN, TEXAS (Bell County). Stringtown is on Little Elm Creek nine miles southeast of Temple in southeastern Bell County. The community had a post office named String from 1901 to 1904 and a school called Dyess Grove, which served some seventy-six pupils in 1903. In 1931 String had two businesses and in 1948 was the site of a church, Dyess Grove School, and scattered residences. In 1964 the community was called Stringtown and was the home of a Dyess Grove Church. The community no longer appeared on State Highway Maps in 1988.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "STRINGTOWN, TX (BELL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs86), accessed August 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.