STRICKLAND, TEXAS. Strickland (also known as Strickland Grove) was a farm community on Dry Berry Creek and Farm Road 487 three miles north of Georgetownin northwest Williamson County. A school and a church existed on the site by 1888, and the school, called Strickland Grove, had forty-six pupils in 1903. A new school was built around 1922, but it was consolidated with the Jarrell school in 1949. By 1977 only a church remained at Strickland. In 2000 the community no longer appeared on county maps.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "STRICKLAND, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs91), accessed July 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.