STANGER SPRINGS, TX
STANGER SPRINGS, TEXAS. Stanger Springs, a farming community on Farm Road 279 just off State Highway 64, fourteen miles southeast of Canton in southeastern Van Zandt County, had a school by 1890. In 1905 the school reached an enrollment of fifty-six; by the 1950s it had been consolidated with a larger school district. The 1936 county highway map showed a church at the townsite; a 1965 map showed the church, a business, and scattered dwellings. No population statistics were available for the community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "STANGER SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsdd), accessed July 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.