STONE'S MILL, TX
STONE'S MILL, TEXAS. Stone's Mill (Stone's Mills) was a rural community ten miles northwest of Carthage in northwestern Panola County. It was established after the Civil War. A post office opened there in 1886, and by the early 1890s the small settlement had a general store, a gristmill, and a cotton gin. Its post office closed in 1900, and local mail was sent to Fair Play. By around 1910 Stone's Mill was no longer shown on maps. No population estimates were available.
John Barnette Sanders, The Postoffices and Post Masters of Panola County, Texas, 1845–1930 (Center, Texas, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "STONE'S MILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsqa), accessed July 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.