SMITH GROVE, TX
SMITH GROVE, TEXAS. Smith Grove, at the junction of Farm roads 1280 and 1309 four miles east of Lovelady in southeastern Houston County, was established before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the mid-1960s there were still two churches, a store, and a number of houses in the area. In the early 1990s Smith Grove was a dispersed rural community for which no population estimates were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "SMITH GROVE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrssu), accessed July 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.