TUNA, TEXAS. Tuna was six miles south of Cotulla on the International and Great Northern line in west central La Salle County. The community was founded sometime after 1880 as a stop on the International and Great Northern and in the 1930s had a railroad depot and a collection of houses. Tuna was shown on some maps of La Salle County as late as 1965.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.John Leffler, "TUNA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrtes), accessed September 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.