THEO, TEXAS. Theo, nine miles southwest of Lott in western Falls County, received a post office in 1895. The office was discontinued in 1904. Theo was the focus of a common school district in the 1930s, when it had a total of twenty-two students. In 1949 the district was divided between the Troy and Oenaville independent school districts in Bell County. A few scattered houses and a cemetery marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s, but by the 1980s only the cemetery remained. Population estimates for Theo were not available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "THEO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrtms), accessed November 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles