TIMOTHY, TEXAS. Timothy, a farming community off Farm Road 1129 thirteen miles northeast of Corsicana in northeastern Navarro County, was established before 1900. In the mid-1930s it included four churches, two schools, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II its schools were consolidated into the Finch school district, and by the mid-1960s only two churches, a school building, and a cemetery remained. In the early 1990s Timothy was a dispersed rural community. No population estimates are available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "TIMOTHY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrtwm), accessed July 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.