UNION HOPE CHURCH, TX
UNION HOPE CHURCH, TEXAS. Union Hope Church is a rural church and school community in southeastern Anderson County eleven miles southeast of Palestine on Farm Road 1817. In the 1930s the site had a number of dwellings, a factory, a church, and a black school. The school, which was part of the Day school district, served fifty-two pupils in 1932. A white school was located two miles to the west in the Days Chapel community. In 1985 Union Hope Church community still had a school, a church, and several scattered dwellings. Union Hope Cemetery was still shown on county maps in 2000.
Thomas Paul Jones, The Reorganization of the Public Schools of Anderson County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1934).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "UNION HOPE CHURCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hru08), accessed July 09, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.