WOODALL, TEXAS. Woodall, a farming community twelve miles northwest of Canton in northwestern Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 that reached an enrollment of forty in 1905. In 1917 Woodall merged with the nearby Ellis Chapel community to form Elwood.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "WOODALL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw74), accessed November 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles