WILLOW OAK, TX
WILLOW OAK, TEXAS. Willow Oak, a rural community eleven miles north of Gilmer off U. S. Highway 271 in north central Upshur County, was settled sometime before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church and number of houses; children attended school in nearby Midway. In the mid-1960s Willow Oak was still the site of a church, a cemetery, and a few widely scattered houses. In 1990 Willow Oak was a dispersed rural community. No population estimates were available.
Audie Ray, Lurline, and Douglas Ray Stanley, comps. and eds., Upshur County Cemetery Records (Gilmer, Texas, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "WILLOW OAK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrwxr), accessed July 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.