ZIPPERLANDVILLE, TEXAS. Zipperlandville, also called Zipperlen or Zipperlenville, is a small community located five miles west of Rosebud on State Highway 53 in southern Falls County. The area was settled in the 1870s by immigrants of German, Yugoslavian, and Czech descent. The town was named for the Zipperlen family, who bought a gin in 1925 and built a store in 1928. The store served as a community center for area residents. A school and several scattered houses marked the town on county highway maps in the 1940s. The school was consolidated with the Rosebud Independent School District in 1950. Only one business appeared on county maps in the 1980s, and no population estimates were available. In 2000 the population was twenty-two.
Vertical File, Texas Collection, Baylor University.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "ZIPPERLANDVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrz01), accessed October 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.