CONCORD, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)
CONCORD, TEXAS (Upshur County). Concord, on Farm Road 2263 seven miles northeast of Gilmer in north central Upshur County, was probably established before 1900. Around the turn of the century two schools were operating there; during the 1906–07 school year they had a combined enrollment of eighty-nine. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, a store, a sawmill, and a number of scattered houses. After World War II many of its residents moved away, and the school was consolidated with the Gilmer school district. By the mid-1960s all that remained of the community was a church, a cemetery, and a few houses. The church and cemetery were still shown on county highway maps in the 1980s.
Doyal T. Loyd, History of Upshur County (Waco: Texian Press, 1987).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CONCORD, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htc10), accessed October 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.