FRIENDSHIP, TX (MILAM COUNTY)
FRIENDSHIP, TEXAS (Milam County). Friendship is on Farm Road 1915 eight miles east of Davilla in western Milam County. W. T. Walker established a Methodist church at Friendship in 1872. Its congregation met in a log schoolhouse until 1884, when a church building was constructed on land donated by Edward Wesley Graham. The Friendship schools were consolidated with the Sharp school district in 1948. In 1988 the church and cemetery marked the Friendship community on county highway maps.
Milam County Heritage Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).