HAMILTON CHAPEL, TX
HAMILTON CHAPEL, TEXAS. Hamilton Chapel, also called Hamilton, was on Farm Road 2116 three miles southwest of Rockdale in southern Milam County. It became a voting precinct in 1886 and was named for J. Hamilton, who gave land for a school. In 1903 Hamilton Chapel had one teacher each for fourteen black students and sixty-three white. The Hamilton Chapel schools were consolidated with the Rockdale Independent School District in 1949. No evidence of the Hamilton Chapel community was shown on the 1988 county highway map.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956). Milam County Heritage Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "HAMILTON CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hth01), accessed July 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.