LONE STAR, TX (WISE COUNTY)
LONE STAR, TEXAS (Wise County). Lone Star was on Farm Road 1810 between Chico to the north and Decatur to the south in central Wise County. Settlement began in 1900, when a cotton gin was built. The village had a general store, a blacksmith shop, a school, a church, and a cemetery. The only remains of the settlement are the church and cemetery.
Rosalie Gregg, ed., Wise County History (Vol. 1, n.p: Nortex, 1975; Vol. 2, Austin: Eakin, 1982).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "LONE STAR, TX (WISE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htl17), accessed October 13, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.