WHITE STONE, TX
WHITE STONE, TEXAS. White Stone is on Spanish Oak Creek at the intersection of State Highway 183 and Farm Road 1431, in southwest Williamson County. It was a small farming and ranching community in the early twentieth century and was named for the white stone quarries in the area. At different times it had a church, a school, and several businesses. White Stone School was built in 1923 and was consolidated with Leander in 1954. In 1964 White Stone had a filling station and a small store. By 1988 the settlement was part of the series of residential communities stretching north from Austin.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "WHITE STONE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htw08), accessed June 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.