BEHRING STORE, TX
BEHRING STORE, TEXAS. Behring Store, seven miles east of Seguin on a road that later became U.S. Highway 90A in eastern Guadalupe County, was built in 1913 by Henry Behring, who had immigrated from Germany in 1872. Earlier settlers in the area had come from the southern United States shortly after the Texas Revolution. Three miles west of the store is the site of the battle of Plum Creek. Three miles east is a well-preserved rock house that was a stage stand at a pre-Civil War racetrack. The Behring Store community had three businesses, several houses, and a population of twenty in 1946. There was no evidence of the community in 1987 maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Willie Mae Weinert, "BEHRING STORE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvb30), accessed July 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.