BUFFALO SPRINGS, TX (COMAL COUNTY)
BUFFALO SPRINGS, TEXAS (Comal County). Buffalo Springs was a German farming and ranching community on the west bank of the Guadalupe River about 7½ miles northwest of New Braunfels in east central Comal County. The site at the mouth of Turkey Creek, originally settled by the Bremer family in 1848, offered an abundance of timber and water that attracted more German pioneers in the 1850s. By the 1980s Buffalo Springs had been abandoned. Its site was on the road that parallels the Guadalupe River between New Braunfels and Sattler.
Lillian Penshorn, A History of Comal County (M.A. thesis, Southwest Texas State Teachers College, 1950).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Daniel P. Greene, "BUFFALO SPRINGS, TX (COMAL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvbaf), accessed July 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.