CHAPMAN CITY, TX
CHAPMAN CITY, TEXAS. Chapman City was west of Farm Road 112 and east of Lawrence Chapel in southeastern Williamson County. It grew up as the result of the discovery of oil in 1930 by a driller named Chapman on land owned by J. C. Abbott. Chapman City had one business and a population of ten in 1933 and twenty-five residents in 1940. Though there were still scattered dwellings marked on the 1946 county highway map in an area called Chapman Field, the community was dropped from the Texas Almanac population listings in 1949 and was not marked on the 1977 county highway map.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "CHAPMAN CITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvc46), accessed July 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.