DAVENPORT, TX (ANDERSON COUNTY)
DAVENPORT, TEXAS (Anderson County). Davenport was just south of Farm Road 1137 and six miles east of Palestine in eastern Anderson County. In the 1930s the community had a church and the black school for the Swanson Spring school district. Its school served some sixty-six pupils in 1932, but by 1955 had been consolidated with the Palestine schools. In 1982 only a single dwelling was at the site, and in 1985 Davenport was no longer named on county highway maps.
Thomas Paul Jones, The Reorganization of the Public Schools of Anderson County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1934).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "DAVENPORT, TX (ANDERSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvd09), accessed August 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.