ELLISON RIDGE, TX
ELLISON RIDGE, TEXAS. Ellison Ridge was near Farm Road 486 four miles northeast of Thorndale in southwestern Milam County. It was named for R. Ellison and had a one-teacher school with twenty-eight white students and a one-teacher school with forty-four black students in 1903. A school and a few scattered houses were shown at the site on county highway maps in 1941. The Ellison Ridge schools were consolidated with the Thorndale Independent School District in 1946. By 1988 no evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956). Milam County Heritage and Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "ELLISON RIDGE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hve21), accessed August 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.