FORT OLDHAM, TX
FORT OLDHAM, TEXAS. Fort Oldham was a community in Washington County during the Republic of Texas era. Its post office was established on January 24, 1838, with Claiborne Fitch as postmaster. Fitch served until the post office was closed on January 11, 1842. The settlement disappeared soon afterwards and left no trace.
Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, The Encyclopedia of Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas, 1982). James M. Day, comp., Post Office Papers of the Republic of Texas (2 vols., Austin: Texas State Library, 1966–67).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carole E. Christian, "FORT OLDHAM, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf74), accessed July 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.