GOODLAND, TX (ROBERTSON COUNTY)
GOODLAND, TEXAS (Robertson County). Goodland, three miles south of Calvert in Robertson County, was established during the land boom of the early 1900s and named for its fertile soil. It was a station on the International-Great Northern Railroad, and in 1915 the community reported a population of fifty. A 1962 map showed a few scattered dwellings in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."GOODLAND, TX (ROBERTSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvg31), accessed November 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles