GRAND LAKE, TX
GRAND LAKE, TEXAS. Grand Lake was on Stewart's Creek two miles south of Conroe in south central Montgomery County. The best indications are that the community was near the site of what is now the River Plantation subdivision, probably near Creighton Road. The Houston and Great Northern Railroad reached the area in 1871, on its way to New Waverly from Houston. In 1875 a Grand Lake post office was established, but it was discontinued in 1882. By the 1930s the town was no longer shown on state highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Will Branch, "GRAND LAKE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvg38), accessed July 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.