GRASSBUR, TEXAS. Grassbur was a rural community in northeastern DeWitt County. The Grassbur school, which provided the community focus, opened in 1880. Sunday school was held there until the school merged with the Edgar school district in 1889. A post office served the Grassbur community from June 1887 until January 1888, when mail delivery was transferred through Edgar.
Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Nellie Murphree, "GRASSBUR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvg40), accessed September 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.