GRUNDYVILLE, TEXAS. Grundyville, just west of Ranch Road 580 and twelve miles northeast of Lampasas in southeastern Lampasas County, was named for early settler Felix Grundy Morris. Morris, a former Texas Rangerqv, arrived in the area in 1869. The community received a post office in 1886 and Morris served as one of the early postmasters. By 1892 the community had one cotton gin, and by 1896, two. Its post office was discontinued in 1918. In 2004 the only structure still standing at the site was the outer shell of the Grundyville Baptist Church.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alice J. Rhoades, "GRUNDYVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvg71), accessed November 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles