GARVINSVILLE, TEXAS. Garvinsville was ten miles south of Clarksville in south central Red River County. In 1881 it consisted of a half dozen houses, a Grange hall, and two stores, one owned by W. T. Blisard and the other, a cooperative, owned by the Grange and managed by S. T. Arnold. Garvinsville is named on the 1905 General Land Office map of the county, but it was not shown on the 1936 county highway map.
Clarksville Standard, March 11, 1881.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "GARVINSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvg75), accessed June 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.