HIGH PRAIRIE, TX
HIGH PRAIRIE, TEXAS. High Prairie, about three miles northeast of San Marcos in southern Hays County, was a public school community established on February 3, 1877, with twenty-nine students. It was also known as Blanco Star. The school has since been discontinued, and population estimates were never recorded.
Dudley Richard Dobie, A Brief History of Hays County and San Marcos, Texas (San Marcos, 1948).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Daniel P. Greene, "HIGH PRAIRIE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh65), accessed September 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.