HUNT'S STORE, TX
HUNT'S STORE, TEXAS. Hunt's Store was near the intersection of Farm roads 542 and 3178, sixteen miles northeast of Centerville in northeastern Leon County. The area was settled in the 1850s, and by the 1870s the Tubbs cemetery was located at the site. In 1890 W. D. Tubbs opened a store in the community, which he sold to a local farmer, Samuel Hunt, and the community came to be known as Hunt's Store. In 1940 the community was not listed on state highway maps, and only the Tubbs Cemetery was at the site.
Leon County Historical Book Survey Committee, History of Leon County (Dallas: Curtis Media, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "HUNT'S STORE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvhat), accessed August 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.