HOLLY GROVE, TX (POLK COUNTY)
HOLLY GROVE, TEXAS (Polk County). Holly Grove is on a road west of Farm Road 2798 in south central Polk County some sixty miles northwest of Beaumont. The tiny community is in the thick forest of East Texas; its site was settled before the Civil War. The Holly Grove Missionary Baptist Church was organized there on January 5, 1867. In the 1980s a few scattered residences remained at Holly Grove, and Menard Creek, slightly east of the community, had been made a parkland corridor of the Big Thicket National Preserve.
A Pictorial History of Polk County, Texas, 1846–1910 (Livingston, Texas: Polk County Bicentennial Commission, 1976; rev. ed. 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "HOLLY GROVE, TX (POLK COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvhbj), accessed October 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.