JAMESON, TEXAS. Jameson, twelve miles southeast of Sherman in southeastern Grayson County, apparently formed after the Civil War and was named for Allen Jameson, an early area landowner. It received a post office branch in 1887 and in the 1890s reported an estimated fifty residents, Baptist and Methodist churches, a general store, a physician, and a gristmill and gin. Its post office closed in 1904, and its last available population estimate in 1910 was fifty. A general store may still have been at the site as late as 1917.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "JAMESON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvj04), accessed October 10, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.