LA CERDA, TX
LA CERDA, TEXAS. La Cerda was near the site of present Woden in southeastern Nacogdoches County. The community was named for Nepomuceno de la Cerda, the original grantee of the surrounding land. The area was apparently settled before the Civil War. When the Angelina and Neches River Railroad was built around 1905, the settlement became a flag station. After World War II most of its residents moved away.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LA CERDA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl01), accessed July 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.