LAMAR, TX (FALLS COUNTY)
LAMAR, TEXAS (Falls County). Lamar was four miles north of Marlin on State Highway 6 in northeastern Falls County. It was settled primarily by Czech and German immigrants, who established a school and a church in the area in the 1890s. The school had thirty-two students and one teacher in 1905; by the 1930s the number of students had risen to sixty-three. The 1948 county highway map showed the school, a few businesses, and some scattered houses at the site. The Lamar school was consolidated with the Marlin Independent School District in 1948.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "LAMAR, TX (FALLS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl18), accessed July 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.