LAS MORAS, TX
LAS MORAS, TEXAS. Las Moras, previously known as Kinney, was a ranching community on the Southern Pacific line at the intersection of Farm roads 1572 and 3348, six miles south of U.S. Highway 90 and eight miles southwest of Brackettville in southwestern Kinney County. The area was settled by Mexican ranchers in the early 1700s. Las Moras is Spanish for "the mulberries." A railroad depot was established at Kinney sometime between 1882 and 1884. In 1946 Las Moras had a few dwellings; by 1949 it had one business and an estimated population of twenty. After 1954 it was abandoned.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "LAS MORAS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl31), accessed August 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.