LIBERTY, TX (MILAM COUNTY)
LIBERTY, TEXAS (Milam County). Liberty is on Farm Road 3242 five miles north of Milano in east central Milam County. Before the Civil War it was the site of a Methodist church. Liberty had a one-teacher school with fifty-nine students in 1903; the school was consolidated with the Milano Independent School District in 1931. A school, a church, and a few scattered houses marked the community on the 1941 county highway map. Liberty had forty residents in 1990.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956). Milam County Heritage and Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "LIBERTY, TX (MILAM COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl53), accessed August 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.