LANDRUM, TX (JEFFERSON COUNTY)
LANDRUM, TEXAS (Jefferson County). Landrum was on the Gulf and Interstate Railway twelve miles southwest of Beaumont in central Jefferson County. In 1895 Solomon and Elizabeth Landrum sold a forty-three-acre tract to William J. Landrum and Sarah F. Burrell for fifty dollars. The land was laid out into a town in anticipation of the Gulf and Interstate line, which was indeed completed within a year. Although the site was named on an 1898 map of Jefferson County, it did not appear on a map of the area compiled thirty years later by the Corps of Engineers. Scattered buildings and the Landrum Cemetery remain around the old townsite.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "LANDRUM, TX (JEFFERSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvlab), accessed July 13, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.