MACEDONIA, TX (PANOLA COUNTY)
MACEDONIA, TEXAS (Panola County). Macedonia was three miles west of Carthage in central Panola County. It was named for a Baptist church organized there in 1845. In the mid-1930s Macedonia had a church, a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. The school was later consolidated with Carthage schools, and many of the residents moved away. In the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few scattered houses remained in the area; most of the residents were black.
John Barnette Sanders, Index to the Cemeteries of Panola County (Center, Texas, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MACEDONIA, TX (PANOLA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvm01), accessed October 13, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.