MOUNT HOLLAND, TX
MOUNT HOLLAND, TEXAS. Mount Holland was located in what was then eastern Jefferson County (presently Orange County), probably near Adams Bayou on the old road to Opelousas, Louisiana. Robert E. Booth served as postmaster for the Mount Holland post office, which operated during the late 1830s and early 1840s. He also built what is believed to be the first water-powered sawmill in Orange County in 1837. In addition, the versatile Booth operated a toll bridge across Adams Bayou.
W. T. Block, ed., Emerald of the Neches: The Chronicles of Beaumont from Reconstruction to Spindletop (Nederland, Texas: Nederland Publishing, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "MOUNT HOLLAND, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvmaq), accessed August 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.