PLAXCO, TEXAS. Plaxco was ten miles north of the site of present Graham, near Farm Road 2652 and Oak Creek in Young County. The town, originally called Rocky Mound, was renamed when Enoch M. Plaxco established a post office in 1902. The office lasted exactly one year before it was discontinued and moved to Graham. Nothing remained of this short-lived settlement on 1980 county maps.
Carrie J. Crouch, Young County: History and Biography (Dallas: Dealey and Love, 1937; rev. ed., A History of Young County, Texas, Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1956).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "PLAXCO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvpad), accessed July 08, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.