PARKDALE, TEXAS. Parkdale was on Runnells Creek eleven miles southeast of Belton in southeastern Bell County. A country store community called Volo was founded in the late 1860s and had a post office from 1870 to 1882. A new post office with the name of Parkdale was opened on the site in 1890; the community had 100 inhabitants, a general store, a gin, and a drugstore in 1892. The post office closed in 1895, and mail was directed to Holland thereafter. The Volo school had forty-seven pupils and one teacher in 1903, and the Volo cemetery still appeared on state highway maps in 1988.
George Tyler, History of Bell County (San Antonio: Naylor, 1936).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "PARKDALE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvpan), accessed August 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.