PERDENALES, TEXAS. Perdenales was a small community located in western Travis County near present State Highway 71 about twenty-two miles west of Austin. It was named for its proximity to the Pedernales River; the variation in spelling more closely represents the pronunciation. A post office opened in 1857 with George S. Turner as postmaster. Sources differ as to when the office closed; one records 1859 and another 1872. No evidence of the town appeared on county highway maps in the 1940s, and no population estimates were available.
John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "PERDENALES, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvpav), accessed August 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.