ROBERTS, TEXAS. Roberts was 17½ miles south of Greenville in southern Hunt County. It was settled when the North East branch of the Texas Central Railroad purchased land from Governor Oran. M. Roberts in 1882. Two years later a post office branch opened. By the early 1890s there were an estimated 150 residents and several businesses in Roberts. This early prosperity, however, was not maintained, and the population began to decline. In 1899 the post office closed, and shortly thereafter the community ceased to exist.
W. Walworth Harrison, History of Greenville and Hunt County, Texas (Waco: Texian, 1976).